Oct 21, 2015

How to recover from a binge!

Oh, hello there! Remember me? I cannot believe it has been WEEKS sense I last blogged. However I am gaining back some of my energy [woohoo] and actually feeling okay today. Needles to say, fatigue has been on a extreme high and morning all day sickness has taken over. I am back though! So what has been going on with me the past few weeks?
-Raul and I seen our beautiful baby heartbeat <3
-We have spent a lot of time together with weekends at my parents, fishing and just hanging out.
-Gone to many family get together's!
-Brainstorming on baby stuff.
-and MORE!
Which today I am officially in my third month of pregnancy! Three more weeks and I am out of the first trimester and only two more weeks till we see our baby again! Oh and something else so awesome, I ordered a fetal doppler this past Sunday, so come friday I will be listening to that sweet heart beat every morning and night! Needless to say, I am beyond excited!!!



Now, lets get down to business! I will be the first one to stand and be honest I have probably only had tops maybe five healthy meals in the past five weeks.... I have gone out to eat and also been drinking sprite.... Terrible I know however everything I use to eat daily, I no longer can. Strawberries, kewi, cantaloupe, plain chicken.... nope. none of it. However I am trying to get back on track of being healthier. Finding healthier choices for me and the baby.

How does this help you though? I am going to break down a few steps to help you recover from food binge or even an longer binge like mine. Here we go!

Drink plenty of water!
If you drink a significant amount of water, you will flush out your system and dilute the richness of the food you ate. Also, the more water you drink, the less likely you are to bloat. So CHUG!!!

Eat as cleanly as possible!
After bringing you may feel sick [I do]. and eating clean will help your body recover. You may also think of it as a consequence of eating poorly and try to go for as long as sanely possible without junk!! If you make a mess of your diet, You body expects you to clean it up!

Do not EVER give up!
Just because you slipped up a little does not mean you cannot get back up! Finish the day strong with healthy meals and a nice workout. WARNING: make sure your are going on as normal and not over-doing it to compensate for your mistake. Those type of habits are common in eating disordered individuals.

Let it go and move forward!
Stressing and putting yourself down for making a mistake in your diet is not the way to go. Take it easy and remember you're human. Mistakes happen all the time, and it is from these mistakes that we learn and grow! SO CHIN UP!!!

Remember the experience!
Think about all that happened. How your body felt, your emotions, etc. The next time you are having a treat and feel like you are gonna go overboard, think about it! Do not make the same mistake twice.

Now, GOOD LUCK!!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment