Jun 19, 2015

SKIP ROPE. Not a workout.

Did you ever jump rope in middle school? On the playground or during P.E? I did. At my elementary school during P.E we did the "Jump Rope for Heart" [I am not too sure if this was a living in the ghetto school thing because the friends that did not grow up where I did, never did it.] but I absolutely loved it! I was good too. I loved doing tricks, the competitions, everything. Luckily, I still got it. May be a little rusty with some tricks but I still enjoy jumping rope as much as I did back then.
And with me not being the one that can stick with the same routine and not get burned out on it... I decided to switch my mornings up with jumping rope instead of the morning run around my neighborhood. Which went amazing I might add.

When I started though I noticed something. I was sweating already before five minutes.... Which is a huge deal for me. Not because I do not like sweat [because I could care less. Sweat does not bother me] but it takes a lot for me to sweat! No matter how hard I go with resistance training, It takes me about an 45 min-hour to start sweating... Running in a 5k? I don't start sweating till mile two... So when I started sweating jump roping through only one song, I started to think back on all the benefits it offers! Which are some pretty amazing ones!



Benefits:
-It's not just your heart, lungs and muscles that get a benefit from using a jump rope; your brain and nervous system will also reap rewards.

-It is great for your calves, ankle joints, knees, thighs, butt, abs, shoulders, arms, and other muscles!

-It is an excellent calorie burner!

-Improves your cardiovascular system!

- Tones muscles and creates definition.

-Get a full body workout in!

-Builds stamina.

-Great for eye-hand coordination, lateral movements, speed and agility.

Not enough? 

-Running 5 miles burns about 596 calories. Jumping rope for an hour, 744 calories.

-Jumping rope at a moderate pace for 10 minutes is equal to; A 12 minute mile, cycling two miles in 6 minutes, two sets of tennis or 18 holes of golf.

-YOU CAN GET IT FOR LESS THAN $10!


fitness animated GIF
Routine:
[Do each for a minute in order. Rest for no more than a minute and go again [3 times]
-Tucks
-One-leggers
-In & outs
-Scissors
-Slaloms
-Skiers
-Boxers
-High knees
-Heel toe jumps

No comments :

Post a Comment