Jun 18, 2015

Stop and open your eyes to what is in front of you. [Talk about it Thursday]

Last Tuesday [thankful Tuesday] I posted a blog about my four legged son and how he has helped me over the past year. And throughout this whole week I have been thinking about the things I am truly grateful to have in my life. The things that really make me happy. I kept coming up with the things I can physically do; camping, hiking, working out, hanging out with family, drawing, getting tattoos, spending time with Raul, hunting, church, eating some pizza, etc.

Then I went to Panda Express a couple days ago and got a fortune cookie. The fortune was not just a stupid one that made no sense or had to think hmmmm, there is a special gift coming my way!?!? I wonder what it is. However it hit exactly where I was in life, it gave me comfort in what I prayed to God about the morning of and night before.

Now I know you might be thinking I am crazy talking about some fortune cookie, but this was something not physically that I did that made me happy but rather than read. We read quotes all the time [well I know most girls do]. Quotes that fit how they are feeling, something motivational, something that makes perfect and total sense to them. This fortune cookie did just that for me. Without myself going to look for it, it was there. [Them dang Chinese people are good. hahha] Now I am not the crazy person who thinks just because a fortune cookie will say, 'A new opportunity is coming your way' and quit my job waiting for that opportunity. Or because I seen a broken sign saying 'this way' on the ground pointing the wrong way towards a dark tunnel means I have to go that way! The sign is telling me to go that way!! No, no, no, I am not one of those people. However I am one of those people who believes everything happens for a reason.

After reading my book, 'winners never cheat by Huntsman', I kept getting this feeling of fright. Fright of public speaking. Which I have read hand fulls of personal development books and you can have all the knowledge in them but if you cannot stand up and speak to people, what is the point? You cannot put it into action. Now I love to talk, to strangers, best friends, family. I talk and by talk I mean a lot. However my trouble area comes from starting the conversation. I know what to say, I learned it in my books.. I know how to carry on a conversation and I know how to close one. Thing is though, I get so nervous and my anxiety goes up. Why though? because the moment I open my mouth to say hello, the fright is gone. Are you like this?

Because of this feeling I then started to second guess if I could do what I was set out to do. I was not thinking about throwing in the towel but if I would be able to perform my duties at my full potential. I was driving myself crazy with my mind going one way and my heart telling me another. I prayed to God to just calm my head. That is when the next day, I got my cookie. Which if you cannot read it up top it says;

"You have the ability to overcome obstacles on the way to success."

There it was! BAM! Suck it up now Miriah and keep moving. That is how it pretty much went. That moment though I realized not always is it the physical things that I do, are what make me happy. Words do. Hearing Raul tell me he is proud of me and loves me, makes me happy. Reading God's word makes me happy, hearing my parents tell me they love the woman I have become makes me happy. Encouragement from others makes me happy. Which words of affirmation is my love language so it makes sense. However it is always sooo nice to be reminded that, I do not have to move sometimes but rather just open my ears, mind, eyes and heart. That there are the signs everywhere that we look for. The encouragement and the praise. We must only stand still and look.

Have you ever had something like or similar happen to you?

No comments :

Post a Comment