Jun 5, 2015

It's National Donut Day!

Yes! Today is National Donut Day! And I celebrated it! What exactly did I celebrate though? Well.... I will give you some small information on it,
"National Doughnut Day started on June 7, 1938 when a young military doctor by the name of Morgan Pett was sent to a military base. On his way there he stopped at a bakery and picked up 8 dozen doughnuts. When he arrived at the base he started helping many wounded soldiers, and would give them a free doughnut. One man he helped was a Lieutenant General by the name of Samuel Geary. Samuel Geary greatly appreciated the help on his leg, and the doughnut (as he was a very comical man) so he decided to make a fund raiser with Morgan Pett to give every wounded soldier, and the needy a doughnut. This fund raiser was later joined with the Salvation Army. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Doughnut_Day)" Got it? Awesome!  


So waking up today for my run I thought, I am about to get me a sprinkle donut [which are my favorite] However I had agreed I would get my nutrition back on track one hundred percent for the 24 day challenge starting Monday... So when it came to getting a donut today [my one last sweet treat], I knew I wouldn't be able to without any quilt unless I put in the work. So I went for a practice 5k run. I mean I have a race coming up the 12th so why not do it anyways. 
However during the run honestly the only thought that kept me pushing was this donut! hahah. And when I finally finished, I got one and felt good about it! And lord, walking in to the donut shop [Jimmy's Donut in down town Royse City has the best donuts. Little family owned shop!] IT WAS CROWDED! I guess every one was celebrating the holiday. Being so packed though meant the donut stash was constantly being stocked with fresh donuts! So tempted seeing all these fresh, warm, delicious donuts... [gosh my mouth is starting to water just thinking about it now.] I ended up getting ONE donut. The ONE and only thing I went in for. Even though those pigs in the blanket looked amazing. 
Talk about will power! 

So did you celebrate National Donut Day? What kind of donut did you get!?!? It is still not too late to go get one! Many shops are giving away donuts free today! Check here to see if stores around you are;
Have a great weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment