Jun 9, 2015

A girl & her dog! [Thankful Tuesday]



Oh my best friend, headache, workout buddy, child, laughter and cuddle buddy! No I am not talking about Raul right now. hahaha. But rather this adorable four legged baby to the left! [that is not such a baby anymore]

When Raul and I first got married and during our first deployment together we talked about getting a dog. Being outdoor people, Raul's dream dog to have was a German Short Haired Pointer. So when it came to a dog, this is what we would be getting. I was completely fine with this, I just wanted a dog! haha.

So Raul found a man who breeds champion blood line pointers that lived in the area I was in. We looked at the available pups, picked one out and it was already taken. A man from out of state already put his deposit in. So we looked again, looking at the coat, we picked another one. He was available! Raul being deployed I went to pick him up about a week later on my own. Having his cage, collar, toys and food already at home and waiting, I was beyond excited! As Raul was also!

Walking into the mans back yard was dozens of pointers! Beautiful dogs! And then there was Cash (: Cutest of them all! After talking, getting paper work and walking out the door to make our way back home; I was ecstatic.


Upon bringing him home, he was already retrieving, glued to my hip and the happiest puppy! Now I am going to be honest, I thought during the time trying to teach him to use the restroom outside only would kill me! He learned quickly though!
He continued to grow bigger and bigger so fast! He met Raul and at first did not like him being close to me, but quickly warmed up. hahah.

We were a family. Went on hikes, training him, park trips, playing fetch, bonding every day. Then three months later Raul left again for another deployment. Cash and I moved back home to Texas and Raul left. [This is where my thankfulness for Cash comes into play.] Going through two deployments in a spand of one year, having three months together was very tough. Having this four legged booger did not help some days because he can be very hardheaded. But when it came to night time and times I would break down, he could always tell something was wrong with me. Coming to my side he would want to cuddle. He would give me kisses and would not leave my side. During the days he would get me up to start my day, get me out to spend some time outdoors with him, and make me smile and laugh with his crazy, wonderful personality. [If you have ever met Cash, you know he is a character!] But during another six months, he was my comfort. My best friend and my save and grace. He got my through another deployment without Raul. A DOG.... A thing with fur and four legs, calmed my heart and kept me sane although some days he drove me more insane than the other things I was going through. He now still continues to every time I am back home without Raul. And as we wait another month for the last time ever [July 8th,2015] , he comforts me. He continues to protect me, make my days and give me headaches.

I am thankful for this. For the love of a four legged child! Who has always been a loyal friend to me and never shares my secrets or judges as I would break down some days but only comfort me with slobbery kisses! And as I cannot wait to see Cash meet Raul again after 9 months, I continue to enjoy the time I have with Cash now as a mamma's boy! Because we all know when Cash gets with Raul, he is 100 percent a daddies boy!

No comments :

Post a Comment