Jan 18, 2015

We are all the same.

First thing first,
This is not a fitness post.
This is simply some words of encouragement. 
_______________________________________


Today I went to church *Lake Point, Rockwall*
and on the way I prayed for God to speak to me today.
That no matter what the lesson is,
 I would find something out of it, if not the whole thing.
And he did just that.
After singing some of my favorite worship songs,
my favorite speaker was leading today.
Which I knew off the back would be amazing 
because I can understand him the best.

Anyways,
 He got right into it.
"Do not look around, look down!!! *at yourself*,"
This is something he said that I know I have an issue with some times.

He went on and explained *long story short*
God makes all of us different.
[well duh Miriah. We know this from day one]
no, no, no.
I am saying,
In life well all go onto different paths, 
the straight and narrow, which is simple. You know what to do, you have no complications.
and the long and windy. You hit dumps, go through things that are hard, etc.
Some of us are born into this,
others are on their own and choose.

*I am trying to put this into a life situation and learning not just spiritual."

Ex.
I grew up in a Christian home.
We went to church every Sunday. We were the family of it. My father built it, the pastor and his wife are my God parents, we read the bible, prayed. My parents taught me wrong from right, they lead by amazing examples, etc. I was one who was born into this, meaning I was on a straight bath. However this is something as I grew older I strayed away from for some years. [Leading me to the chosen path, windy and curvy one] I strayed away from God, got into tons of trouble, did some things I shouldn't have, had some terribly hard times, hard experiences, etc. But ended up after all of the hard troubles getting back at where I needed to be, but stronger.
I have the experience of both of these Paths.

How the pastor got into this was explaining when people talk about their story on how they got saved.
They would look at one another's stories and compare them.
'Well mine is boring.... It is just what I have always known. I wasn't a drunk, gang banger, etc. and just some day had a breaking point where I turned to God and all my troubles went away"
*this is what a girl told him one day*
That was the two path ways.

After telling us a few stories and examples he said something I keep forgetting.

Just because someone's story is different, "more exciting", does not make them any better than you. You are two of the same people, because you two are going to the same place. *To Jesus Christ.* One might have took a longer road rather then the clear and straight. One might have had all the resources there while the other had to dig to find them. But this was God's plan for you. No matter what way you came from, hard or easy; this has made you into the person you are now. Has given you the knowledge and understanding you have. This was not for no reason at all, this was because God knew what you needed and what it would take for you to understand.

When the pastor said this, I cried.
Why?
Because I have always asked myself,
'why have I gone through so much that one person should never have to in their life?...
Why am I starting under the rock of things....'
I finally had that answer...

Look where I was!
I was sitting in a chair at Church, taking notes.
I would not have been there if it was not for what I have been through.
I would not have been there if I did not know there is something greater out there.
And God knew the path I had been on, would show me this.
He made it that way.

And that was the answer.
20 years of questions, sadness, and confusion.
It was clear.

How did this help me though?
Of course I was unleashed from all of what held me back
and all I had questioned in myself.
But this is something I learned that I want to share with you.
The reason I am writing this blog.

As you know I started my own business.
There are so many others out there in my field doing this.
Thing is, only five percent of us make it.
Lately, I have been looking at these people and getting upset.
I am getting frustrated...
I ask, why is it easier for them.
Two reasons:
I am comparing my start to their middle, to their climax!
^^NEVER DO THIS. 
You automatically set yourself up for misery ^^
2.They took the straight path.
70 percent of the people that are entrepreneurs that I follow,
are from families who have done what they are doing now.
They had the money to get a jump start and had all of the resources.
*nothing is wrong with that!*

That was it though.
I was there saying,
'Their story is so simple... it was easy for them..... Why am I having to start from nothing, research everything to even start.. Why don't I have the money to have someone help me and mentor me...."
This is then what the pastor had got into my head.

Why did this matter?
IT DID NOT MATTER! 
NOT AT ALL.
NOT EVEN FOR A SECOND!
You know why, because we are all going to the same place.
To the top.
Regardless of our story or chapter we are on.

**that is my story**


However I am not alone in experiencing this.
Everyone at some point and time,
does or has compared their selves to someone else.
Their success to their own.
Their happiness to their own.
Their health to their own.
Their looks to their own.
Whatever it is!
It has happened.

And this is something you should not dwell on!
THAT PERSON YOU ARE LOOKING AT, 
THAT YOU ARE THINKING IS BETTER THAN YOU. 
IS NOT ANY BETTER THAN YOU!
We must understand we cannot compare our chapter 1 to their 5, 15 or 20!
You cannot do that.
God has made this path for you, hard or easy.
This is how you learn and understand.
.You want something?
You go for it!!!
That person you are looking at, wishing it was you, wish you had what they do?
You can, you are! 
Because they are not any better than you.
We are all going to the same place in life.
The end.
Point blank.
Period.

So stop comparing, 
stop holding back because you are afraid of failure.
Be more afraid of staying the same!
You are worth it.
No one is better than you.
Say that to yourself every morning:
"I was put on this path for a reason. 
Regardless of who is on it with me, they are not any better than me. 
We are going to the same place, we are the same."



No comments :

Post a Comment